It was a terrifying ordeal for a Livingston County woman, as a road rage incident turned violent, with a man pulling a gun on her.
Livingston County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to a road rage complaint at around 7:45 a.m. near eastbound I-96 and M-59 in Howell Township, according to a Livingston County Sheriff's Office release.
He said it the woman followed the 911 dispatcher's instructions not to engage with the suspect and go to the sheriff's department to file a report.
Police then located a 34-year-old man in an SUV matching the 911 caller's description on I-96 near US 23 and eventually stopped the vehicle.
The driver, a 34-year-old man from the Fowlerville area, was taken to the Livingston County Jail. Police said a handgun was found inside. The incident will be reviewed for possible charges. Murphy says people are angry or fired up, get behind the wheel of a 3500-pound piece of metal and decide it makes them a bit more bulletproof but it's just a recipe for disaster. The suspect's name is being withheld pending arraignment.
The Livingston County Sheriff's Office is being assisted by the Michigan State Police, Brighton Post, in this investigation.
- Xbox Scorpio power isn't just a story of teraflops
- NFL Addresses Thursday Night Football's Future
- King reluctant to share NASCAR title throne with Johnson
- Nick Cannon Actor expecting baby with ex-girlfriend, Brittany Bell
- McFarland, McGahn to join Trump administration
- Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton's Thanksgiving Kiss
- Brendan Dassey Of 'Making A Murderer' Is Set To Be Released
- First Ever Surgeon General Report On Addiction
- Microsoft Surface Phone set to begin production in 2017, says report
- Many good reasons to keep Electoral College