As New Year's Day is a Sunday, the schedule for the premier bowls is a little more spread out than usual.
Ohio State beat Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska (by 59 points), as well as Tulsa and top-10 ranked Oklahoma in out-of-conference play.
Auburn, Florida State, Oklahoma and USC all finished the season strong while simply becoming the victims of strong non-conference schedules and equally tough conference opponents.
That team was Ohio State, which finished No. 3 in the final rankings with an 11-1 record.
With the Wisconsin Badgers taking on the Western Michigan Broncos in the Cotton Bowl, the Penn State Nittany Lions will attempt to fend off the USC Trojans in the Rose Bowl.
PlayStation Fiesta Bowl, December 31 7:00 p.m. ET: No. 2 Clemson vs. 3 MI, pushed the Buckeyes past Penn State and back to the desert.
The Tigers closed out the season with a 42-35 win over No. 18 Virginia Tech in the ACC title game and leapfrogged the Buckeyes in the final CFP standings to No. 2. Jabrill Peppers and the stingy Wolverines defense will look to slow down Seminoles running back Dalvin Cook, who topped the 1,600 yard mark for the second year in a row.
Led by dynamic quarterback Deshaun Watson, Clemson lost to Alabama in the national championship game last season in Arizona. 3,626 yards, 34 TDs passing; 441 yards, four TDs rushing.
Alabama and Washington will play in the Peach Bowl in Atlanta, Georgia. J.T. Barrett had some inconsistencies during the season, but still threw for 3,275 yards and 33 touchdowns with five interceptions. The Orange Bowl will get the New Year's Six going on December 30, followed by the semifinals in on New Year's Eve and the rest of the major bowls on January 2.
Orange Bowl: No. 6 MI vs. Clemson won the 1978 Gator Bowl over the Buckeyes 17-15 in Woody Hayes' last game as Buckeyes coach. Keep an eye on Ohio State freshman Nick Bosa and Clemson senior Ben Boulware - both make plays all over the field. In the previous two College Football Playoffs, all eight participants entered the playoff with a conference title. 8 Colorado in the Pac-12 championship game.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers with an wonderful effort
- Bellerin: Wenger the main reason I stayed at Arsenal
- Oil rallies 3% ahead OPEC meeting
- Italy hit by market volatility after referendum defeat
- West Bengal Governor cautions Mamata Banerjee, says "don't defame Army"
- Far-right Norbert Hofer has lost the Austrian presidential election
- Study finds warming soils may magnify global warming
- Cyber Monday 2016: These 5 deals are worth the wait
- Death toll in USA warehouse fire rises to 24
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Set to Begin