A Sanford woman died at the scene of an accident on USA 1 in Wake County on Friday morning after the auto she was driving swerved across the road and struck a Highway Patrol SUV.
US 1 southbound near New Hill Holleman Road was closed as of 1 p.m.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating a crash that killed a pedestrian on Friday. Troopers said the vehicle behind the SUV ended up striking it, pushing the SUV into Marcello.
Preliminary information revealed a 2003 Toyota passenger vehicle, operated by 23-year-old Brianna Lee Vann of Sanford was traveling south on USA 1.
Troopers said Brianna Lee Vann failed to slow for the traffic and swerved at the last second to avoid hitting another auto.
Vann's 2003 Toyota sedan went onto the median and back across both lanes of southbound traffic before slamming into a Highway Patrol SUV that was parked on the shoulder of the road, authorities said.
Troopers said the impact of the collision also caused the SUV to crash into two rental trucks in the parking lot.
Vann died from her injuries at the scene.
- Neymar 'would love' to play for Flamengo
- Valero Energy Corporation (VLO) Stake Raised by Riverhead Capital Management LLC
- United States regulators investigating 2007-2009 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan
- Revenue Estimates Analysis of: The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW)
- J.Lo And Drake Make Out At "Prom" Party
- Rodgers Makes Sure No Christmas Miracle Is Needed Versus Vikings
- Company President rewards 800 employees with Caribbean cruise
- Randy Edsall returns to replace Bob Diaco as UConn head coach
- Man charged in DC yoga instructor's death wasn't wearing Global Positioning System monitor
- LG is launching five new phones at CES