Today, Fitbit gave owners of the device a nice early holiday present with a firmware update that brings several much-requested new features.
Based on user feedback, the following has been added to the Charge 2, which was released as a software update. From there, follow the instructions to update the Charge 2's firmware.
If you don't have the budget to get a new wearable but you would like to feel like you actually have a new one, you're lucky if your fitness band is the Fitbit Charge 2. Fitbit has finally heard the consumers' plea and introduced the function with the new update.
Pressing the side button on the Charge 2 will now pause and restart workouts in multi-sport mode.
With the improved Relax function, users are now able to close their eyes and focus on breathing patterns instead of looking at the device for visual cues. A DND ( do not disturb) mode has also been installed and when it's enabled it blocks all notifications, but in case users don't want to block incoming phone calls from certain contacts they can set priority levels for them.
In all, these are pretty common-sense, but welcome improvements to the Charge 2, which should make it even better as an all-day fitness tracker.
The sweat, rain, and splash proof Fitbit Charge 2 also includes important features such as wireless syncing, smartphone notifications, and move alerts. This way, users will know when they will need to recharge the wearable. From there, users can press and hold down the button to turn notifications on or off.
A new clock face is now also available, showing the hour, minute, and seconds on the display.
There are also five minor changes carried by the update, including intuitive intervals, wherein the screen lights up, apart from vibrating, when the interval timer goes off.
- Weather warnings as Storm Barbara approaches
- PM visits US, China in aircraft of wealthy friends: Rahul
- 2ND Half Dominance Catapults Warriors Over Nets
- Italian woman feared dead in Berlin Christmas market attack
- Notable Runners: Hanesbrands Inc. (NYSE:HBI), ONEOK Inc. (NYSE:OKE)
- Judge warns VW owners not to strip auto parts before buybacks
- Cabot Corporation (NYSE:CBT) Under Analyst Spotlight
- Sears and Best Buy employee wanted for credit card fraud
- Salvation Army donations down $2.3 million in Minn., ND
- Trump Winery requests temporary visas for foreign workers