Boston Police on Wednesday released the identity and age of the teenager found dead in East Boston on New Year's Eve. Police did not specify where in Central America. He was apparently stabbed to death. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Boston Police are investigating.
The body, believed to be of a young man in his late teens, was found in East Boston near Logan Airport, just before 11 p.m., the Boston Globe reported. Officials have not publicly identified that teenager.
Investigators are looking at whether the five deaths are related.
Some of the killings are linked to the MS-13 gang, according to the Boston Herald.
Last January, federal authorites charged 56 leaders, members and associates of the violent gang in a series of overnight raids in the Boston area. Police said Monday that detectives were looking at the potential involvement of MS-13 or their 18th Street gang rivals. The body of a 16-year-old was found in Belle Isle Marsh on December 9.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Homicide Unit at 617-343-4470.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE) Upside Stock Technicals at Extreme Strength
- HATCH WATCH! 'Eagle Cam' streaming bald eagles hatching live
- Using Amazon Echo? Ask Alexa for a news briefing from The Southern
- Donald Trump, Melania receive standing ovation at Christmas Eve mass
- Merry Christmas Quotes for Family, Friends, and Loved Ones
- Vanguard Natural Resources LLC (NASDAQ:VNR) Analytical Report
- NGAN Calls for Action Against Officer, Neighbor in Viral Video
- Chelsea: Boss looks to replace Costa
- Mariah Carey Opens Up About Break-Up With Ex James Packer!
- Missing Minnesota woman found dead in North Dakota