Since his arrest, Carl Edward Brewer has been charged with two counts of murder and is being held on $200,000 bond - one for each murder charge.
When officers arrived, police found two deceased individuals.
Police said they called in SWAT officers and evacuated the neighborhood at about midnight.
The department's night shift came in and made a decision to take another look, police said, and detected "the faint smell of death" coming from the home's door.
Police did not indicate Brewer's relationship to the two who were killed.
After a standoff lasting for several hours, the SWAT team took Carl Brewer into custody, and he was questioned by the Crowley Police Department and the Texas Rangers Wednesday morning before being arrested later that afternoon.
Police said they arrested a person of interest after a standoff at a Crowley home where two people were found dead Tuesday night.
The family home where police say Carl Edward Brewer murdered his adoptive parents.
The tip about the murders came from an anonymous caller who said Carl Brewer admitted to killing his parents while smoking marijuana.
Brewer and his parents were the only ones living in the house. Mary's body was found in the living room area inside a trash receptacle.
Police had responded to the home several times since 2010.
"We are deeply saddened by the death of Troy Brewer, an American Airlines pilot, and we are focused on caring for his family and colleagues during this hard time", the airline said in a statement.
FOX 4 also learned the teen was expelled from a Christian academy because the school said it wasn't ready to deal with his "demons".
He is the youngest of three brothers adopted from Russian Federation. "This just wasn't the right place for them".
"It scared my girls to death because they're dealing with SWAT coming in with rifles and everything", said Johnny Griffin. "You kind of figure anything can happen over there." said Griffin.
'[The police] were over there quite a bit'.
Police said in a public statement that this was an isolated family incident and that the wider public were not in danger.
- HHS choice Tom Price brings plan to dismantle Obamacare
- Trump salutes Carrier _ and himself _ for saving jobs
- French conservatives vote in first presidential primary
- Open for business: Signs point to recovery after wildfires
- Water supply cut off to 40% of Mosul's residents
- Crown prince officially becomes Thailand's new king
- Positive records for officer who shot attacker
- European Parliament backs freeze of Turkish membership talks
- Pope extends power to forgive abortion to all priests
- Director Found For 21 Jump Street Spinoff