Exhausted of posting the same old, boring black and white text on Facebook?
But the colored status background feature is exclusive to Android users.
For this goal, Facebook latest feature is a new customization option which enables users to change the color of the background for status updates. However, the status updates with color backgrounds posted by Android users can be seen on both the desktop platform as well as on iOS.
iOS and the Web will be able to make their own colorful posts "in the coming months".
"We're rolling out a change to help people make their text posts more visual". Earlier this year, an internal report revealed that the sharing of personal Facebook posts and content has gradually declined by 21 percent each year since mid-2015.
Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter, reported that the company was working to address and tackle the decline.
Although Facebook believes that the future communication will be centered around video mediums, it doesn't necessarily mean that the service is ready to completely abandon traditional text as a way to lets user express themselves.
Facebook is no doubt, one of the pioneers in the social media platform industry. It also changes the formatting on its News Feed. And Facebook does not want that. Facebook's ideology behind this new feature, is to strike back at the original core theme of the platform, which is to allow friends to stay connected at all times. However, many users soon voiced their displeasure over the new update saying it makes it look like they're screaming. Due to this, the company keeps releasing new updates, features, and bug fixes to stay relevant, and keep its users entertained and interested. A colour palette with various choices should appear below for you to choose from which, once selected, will show up as the background for your status. However, the feature will not work if you include a link, image or video in your post.
- Beating Klitschko Would Make Me an Overnight Legend, Says Joshua
- Carnival PLC (LON:CCL) Receives 'Hold' Rating From Brokers At Berenberg
- Gennady Golovkin to fight Danny Jacobs in NY on March 18
- Success Of New Prostate Cancer Treatment Presents A 'Huge Leap Forward'
- ZUK Edge Android Nougat Smartphone Gets Official
- Lloyds buys Chester based MBNA credit card business for £1.9bn
- Parineeti Chopra has a hit formula
- Was Meek Cheating On Nicki?
- Sunny skies ahead for your Tuesday
- Queen steps down as patron of several organisations