A gun store owner in Georgia found himself on the other end of an armed robbery when he says he "had no choice" but to open fire, reports NBC News. The suspects ordered the men to get down on the floor while threatening to kill them if they did not comply.
Surveillance footage at Dixie Gun and Pawn in Mableton, Georgia, showed the moment the would-be criminal and an accomplice stormed into the store dressed in ski masks.
Jimmy Groover said he was left with no choice but to open fire on the men, who had him held up with their own firearms. The 64-year-old grandfather and one of his employees were inside the Dixie Gun and Pawn shop along with two customers when the gunman rushed into the business. Feeling like his life was on the line, he pulled the trigger, shooting and killing one of the suspects.
He landed two shots on one of the robbers who was instantly floored while the other ran away.
"Get down on the floor, get down on the floor or I'll kill you", Groover said the suspects demanded.
Groover and his family have run the store in the same location for about 30 years. "I hate that it happened", he said, according to the station.
The store has been burglarized at least 20 times.
Police say it is unlikely Groover will be charged because he acted in self-defense.
- Russia Has 'Compromising Information' on Trump, CNN Reports
- Nokia's comeback: Years of anticipation fizzles out with the Nokia 6
- Vance Joseph completes interview with Broncos; Chargers reportedly next
- At Petrol Pumps, No Extra Charge For Card Payments, Says Government
- French police hold 16 in Kim Kardashian robbery case
- EPS Of $1.44 Estimated For Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE:FRT)
- West Indies to host Pakistan
- Much of Region May Miss Brunt of Winter Storm
- Pembroke Dock defendant cuts his own throat in court
- Pakistan wicketkeeper returns home, to miss Australia opener