President Donald Trump waves while dancing with wife Melania Trump at the Liberty Inaugural Ball on January 20, 2017 in Washington, DC.
The final stop was the Salute to Our Armed Services Ball at the National Building Museum.
Trump said, "People that weren't so nice to me were saying that we did a really good job today". "It was like God was looking down on us, I will tell you", he said.
The Radio City Rockettes perform at the Liberty Inaugural Ball. They dined off paper plates, chomping through red, white and blue cupcakes as if to emphasise that this was a blue-collar celebration.
The crowd roared when Trump announced that retired Gen. James Mattis was sworn in as Defense Secretary Friday. "I like you for a lot of reasons".
Trump also added a new wrinkle to his "Make America Great Again" slogan. The president, first lady, vice president and second lady each danced with a service member.
President Trump's first full day includes prayers and a visit with spies. "It's great because my husband played golf, baseball and tennis when he was younger and Barron is playing now, so they both know it and they can discuss the sport and what's going on". "I have a 19-year-old son, and now I get the opportunity to see him grow up without the government smothering him economically". "You have somebody that's going to be right alongside you", Trump said, per DoD News. "I was actually lucky because over my 20 years in the United States, I dressed all the first ladies: Mrs Clinton at Oscar [de la Renta], Mrs Bush and Mrs Obama at Carolina Herrera".
On Friday night, all eyes were on Melania Trump, and which designer the new first lady would choose for her inaugural gown.
Earlier on Inauguration day, Barron received the mother treatment from First Lady Melania as she straightened his tie.
As a darling of the fashion industry, Michelle Obama wore outfits that were gallant, daring and irrefutably American, while using her platform to put up-and-coming designers in the spotlight.
It was telling, too, that Mrs Trump chose a look so devoid of bling.
Donald and Melania were also joined on stage by his children Tiffany, Ivanka, her husband Jared Kushner, Eric, his wife Lara, and Donald Jr. and his wife Vanessa. That was created by former Carolina Herrera creative director, Hervé Pierre-and the new FLOTUS herself. "You go wah, wah".
- Analyst's Watch: J C Penney Company Inc (NYSE:JCP)
- Trump to Sign Executive Orders, Meet With Ryan
- Mass women marches across US against Donald Trump
- McConnell office: Central Intelligence Agency has no director
- Trump Adviser Says He Isn't Going To Release His Tax Returns
- Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson Forgot Play Call in Overtime vs. Spurs
- Herman: National Mall was not 'packed' for Donald Trump inauguration
- Moderate Republicans Pitch Plan To Let States Keep Obamacare
- National Football League roundup: Falcons, Patriots will battle it out in Super Bowl LI
- As Trump strikes nationalistic tone, China says ready to assume world leadership