A mother is dead after she and her two daughters fell off a chairlift at Granby Ranch ski area on Thursday morning.
An autopsy to determine Huber's cause of death is scheduled for Saturday. The chair remained attached to the cable, according to witnesses.
The last fatal fall in Colorado, which accounts for more than a fifth of skier visits nationwide, happened in 2002 when the manager of Winter Park Ski Resort fell about 15 feet from a lift after suffering seizure-like symptoms. The other child - a 12-year-old - was in treated at Middle Park and released.
Olson said the three were the only ones on the chair when they fell somewhere between the lift's loading area and summit. Schelly Olson, spokeswoman for the incident command, said the release of her identity is pending approval from the county coroner.
"People on the chairs in front. People on the hill", she told the Post.
While the rest of the resort is now operational, the high speed Quickdraw Lift will remain closed until the inspection by the Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board and lift manufacturer is complete. "Our thoughts are with all those affected by this tragedy", the company said in statement Sunday.
Police said the three people fell from a lift Thursday at Ski Granby Ranch.
The ski industry expressed its condolences and stressed that such deaths are rare.
In 1985, a bullwheel at Keystone Resort failed, throwing 60 people off the Teller Lift. She said state regulators who oversee chairlifts are helping to investigate.
- Three fringe players Arsenal must use vs. Bournemouth
- WNIJ's Gas Price Monday
- Delhi CM Kejriwal welcomes new Governor Baijal
- Outgoing CJI questions govt over delay in judges' transfer
- Infiniti To Unveil QX50 Concept At 2017 Detroit Auto Show
- PM created disruption in India through demonetisation drive: Lalu Yadav
- 49ers GM Trent Baalke confirms he's been fired
- India vs England 2016: Joe Root to miss start of ODI series
- Serena shakes out rust to advance in Auckland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses demonetisation, launches new schemes in New Year speech