Michigan State announced today that Women's Basketball Head Coach Suzy Merchant would be taking an indefinite leave of absence from the team starting immediately.
After her return, she said the while the exact reason for the fainting spell remained unknown, she seemed to chalk it up to the life she leads as a head coach.
Following Saturday's (Jan. 14) game at Rutgers, Merchant remained in New Jersey to undergo more testing at a local hospital after experiencing similar symptoms that she felt during a January 1 home contest against IL. She stayed in New Jersey to undergo more testing at a local hospital.
Merchant did not pass out at the Rutgers game, but the leave of absence means she will not be there when the women take on Northwestern in Evanston tonight.
Michigan State women's basketball head coach Suzy Merchant, left, talks to her team during a timeout in their game against No. 2-ranked Notre Dame at the Breslin Center in East Lansing on December 20, 2016. Agugua coached the team against Purdue earlier this month when Merchant missed a game.
"This is how I've always done it", Merchant said. The Traverse City native was previously the head coach at Saginaw Valley State and Eastern Michigan.
- 80000 rock salt lamps from Michael's being recalled for shock, fire hazards
- The Bachelor Season 21, Week 3
- 'Bates Motel' Season 5 trailer explores creepy Bates residence
- Tax refunds will be late for some in 2017
- Now We Know Why Obama's Youngest Daughter Wasn't At His Farewell Speech
- Charlie Sheen Talks Life With HIV in Emotional New Interview
- Good Samaritan fatally shoots man attacking officer on Arizona highway
- Man killed in Rice Lake explosion
- This Pee Test Tells You If Your Diet is Healthy Enough
- Victory Motorcycles is dead; Polaris to concentrate on Indian Motorcycle