The leaked details reveal that Microsoft will be using more animations and visual blurring elements, which it played with during the Aero Glass era of Windows Vista and Windows 7 in a new user interface which is now codenamed Project Neon. While the Creators Update is going to be significant, it might not be quite as flashy as another update, codenamed Project NEON, which Microsoft is expected to have ready before the end of the year. Project Neon looks was already perceived as a dramatic change for Windows. Since both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile can suffer from unstable updates, Microsoft made a decision to allow users to put future updates on hold.
One new component of the UI is reportedly titled "Acrylic" and blurs the background, sidebar or navigation of the app. Acrylic will enable developers to further customize the appearance of universal apps. This will help put users focus on the main item that they are interacting with.
Microsoft is working on a Windows 10 update, which will bring some noticeable changes in the current Windows 10 user interface.
The design and interaction updates will make their way across to HoloLens as well, with visual elements being highlighted when you focus on them either by looking at them, or using a controller and cursor. This can allow free-draw of 3D objects with their computer mouse or Surface Pen accessory, before sharing the finished images online.
Now MSPowerUser has got hold of the first leak of the next major Windows design update, dubbed "Project Neon".
Project NEON also introduces some "stupendously smooth" animations and we should start to see something more official when Microsoft starts Redstone 3 builds.
- Targeted Movers: Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX), Chubb Limited (NYSE:CB)
- Queen Says 'Friendly' Ghosts Haunt This Palace
- AB InBev and Keurig to develop alcoholic drinks dispenser for the home
- Revenue Estimates Analysis of: Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST)
- One inch of snow expected Thursday night
- Ford, Toyota team up to standardize in-auto apps
- What do Analysts suggest for: Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT)
- Charles Manson left prison for hospital treatment months ago
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting: What to Know
- 105-year-old cyclist sets new world record