In his two terms as President, Obama has made a great number historic speeches that helped cement his legacy, but here are five highlights. In the tweet, she also shared a handsome black and white picture of her and Barack with their two daughters Malia and Sasha. The Obama family will move into an eight-bedroom, nine-and-a-half-bathroom home in the exclusive Kalorama neighborhood until their youngest graduates from school, according to Town & Country magazine.
Last night, at his hour-long farewell address in Chicago, Obama walked on stage to "City of Blinding Lights". He delivered. More than any since Ronald Reagan, our current president has the ability to summon a little civic pride to your throat, even as you glide over the obvious hypocrisies like his invoking our "freedom of religion" years after he tried to ramrod the Little Sisters of the Poor into providing contraception coverage. The 15-year-old now attends Sidwell Friends School in Washington D.C.
"Let me tell you, this generation coming up - unselfish, altruistic, creative, patriotic - I've seen you in every corner of the country", Obama said. "Of all that I've done in my life, I'm most proud to be your dad", Obama said.
Speaking just 10 days before President-elect Donald Trump is inaugurated, Obama struck a hopeful tone, touting his administration's accomplishments.
"Michelle LaVaughn Robinson, girl of the South Side".
The speech carried the "hopeful" and "forward-looking" tones that White House officials told CNN to expect, but there was a point during which Obama was interrupted by boos from the crowd. "But they've handled it with grace, and I give Michelle most of the credit for how well they've done". That's important in a time, he said, when it's "become safer to retreat into our own bubbles, whether in our neighborhoods or on college campuses or places of worship or especially our social media feeds, surrounded by people who look like us and share the same political outlook and never challenge our assumptions". But as a Christian, she said, she remembered Scripture's encouragement to take her burdens to God. "So just as we, as citizens, must remain vigilant against external aggression, we must guard against a weakening of the values that make us who we are", he said. Was studying for a school exam a good reason for Sasha Obama to miss her father's final speech? "You took on a role you didn't ask for and you made it your own", he said. Many people think he's made the country worse.
- USA jobs growth slows to 156000 during December
- 'Bates Motel' Season 5 trailer explores creepy Bates residence
- Georgia gun store owner shoots, kills robbery suspect
- Chevrolet 2018 Traverse Gets Bigger and Will Have Turbo Engine Option
- New Microsoft Windows 10 Design Leaked
- I will join politics soon, says Jayalalithaa's niece Deepa Jayakumar
- Paris Jackson shares photo of mother Debbie Rowe holding 'chemo done' sign
- Some Michigan highways to increase speed limit
- Victory Motorcycles is dead; Polaris to concentrate on Indian Motorcycle
- Donald Trump Fires Charles Brotman, The Legendary Voice Of The Inaugural Parade