Since then, mother and daughter are catching up on lost time.
Blinded with her mother for years, Paris Jackson has finally resumed contact with Debbie Rowe who is now fighting against breast cancer.
Debbie - who was married to the King of Pop from 1996 to 1999 - had been undergoing treatment following her cancer diagnosis earlier this year.
It is a disease that has brought them together after years of acrimony.
In the Instagram caption, Paris praised her mum by writing, "my bada*s mom, kicking (sic) butt n takin names. ain't she **kin fabulous????"
The photo shows Rowe smiling while holding a handwritten sign announcing the end of her chemo treatment. In fact, in an October interview with ET Rowe admitted Jackson's the "reason she gets up in the morning".
"I'm a fighter because she's a fighter. love you mum", Paris captioned the snap. Adding, "She's been with me the whole time".
Last year, the teen posted a photo of herself wrapping her arm around her mum and giving her a kiss after she had been diagnosed with breast cancer.
'She was there. First phone call, [it] took her 30 seconds [to reach out] when she found out'.
Following the death of Michael Jackson in 2009, Paris and her siblings were raised primarily by the late pop singer's family and Paris has publicly criticized Rowe on more than one occasion.
For much of their relationship, Paris Jackson and Debbie Rowe have been estranged.
- Dish's New AirTV Box Streams Sling TV, Netflix, And Local Channels
- Mother killed in ski lift accident
- Crash kills pedestrian in parking lot in Seneca
- Intense Extended Promo For Arrow Season 5 Episode 10 Brings Laurel Back
- Memorial Production Partners LP (NASDAQ:MEMP) Quarterly EPS Review
- DirecTV Now Will Unplug Its $35 Intro Offer On Jan. 9
- New England Patriots Postseaon: NFL Announces Date, Time for Divisional Round Game
- First Majestic Silver Corp. (NYSE:AG) Valuation According To Analysts
- Teen killed in East Boston stabbing identified
- More Mysterious Radio Signals Detected Coming from Deep Space