"The guy, as you guys all know, is a freak of nature". Pittsburgh will have a full week to prepare for the rematch with Miami from week six.
Coach Adam Gase acknowledged Monday that Tannehill wants to play versus the Steelers, but cautioned that the injured QB1 will have to show that he's ready on the practice field before receiving the green light for Sunday's game.
Backup quarterback Matt Moore has been solid in place of Tannehill.
The Dolphins have a win over the Steelers already this year, but it was in Miami and the temperatures were a little more favorable for them.
Tannehill suffered the injury in the team's Week 14 win over Arizona when he was hit low by Cardinals defensive lineman Calais Campbell.
Raiders Coach Jack Del Rio wouldn't commit to a starting quarterback for the wild-card game, but indicated McGloin will get the nod if he can play.
"The Pittsburgh game is where we started finding our identity", left tackle Branden Albert said.
Miami is 4-1 ATS in their last five road games, and 6-2 ATS in their last eight versus the AFC.
Leading the Dolphins behind center this year is QB Ryan Tannehill, who finished with 2995 yards, 19 TDs and 12 picks.
Despite Sunday's drubbing, and despite being outscored and outgained this season, the Dolphins are sounding confident.
"It's going to be a good test for us", linebacker Lawrence Timmons told reporters Sunday, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Once the NFC North championship game finished Sunday night, the National Football League announced the dates and times for Wild Card Weekend and the Divisional Playoff weekend.
- Here are the stores that will stay open during the holidays
- Andrew Ridgeley Opens Up About George Michael's Death
- Getting Started with that new Windows 10 PC or Tablet
- Intense Extended Promo For Arrow Season 5 Episode 10 Brings Laurel Back
- DirecTV Now Will Unplug Its $35 Intro Offer On Jan. 9
- Recycling Christmas Trees and Boxes
- Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP (NYSE:TEP) Stock Technicals Hit Strength
- Mother killed in ski lift accident
- Todd Fisher: Debbie Reynolds didn't die of a broken heart
- More Mysterious Radio Signals Detected Coming from Deep Space