The lawsuit accuses milk producers of killing off cows, to lower the supply of milk and keep costs high.
The $52 million settlement over price-fixing of milk and milk products includes New Hampshire, 14 other states, and the District of Columbia.
"Milk and cheese, ice cream, yogurt", shopper Dena Walker listed off the items she regularly buys during her trips to the grocery store.
"The biggest dairy producers in the country, responsible for nearly 70 percent of the nation's milk, conspired together in a classic price-fixing scheme, forcing higher prices for a basic food item onto honest consumers and families", said lead attorney Steve Berman in a September news release announcing a settlement.
"Milk is very expensive. So, I sometimes have to limit their intake of the milk". If final approval is granted to the settlement, class members who have filed valid and timely claims will receive cash payments distributed directly into an online account of their choosing, e.g., Amazon, PayPal or Google Wallet account. A website for filing claims says individuals could receive $45 to $70, but it also gives an example of a fixed $30 payment.
People in eligible states have through the end of the month to make a claim at BoughtMilk.com.
"Overcharging for milk. Milk is very important for children", Smith, a mother of three, said.
You must fill out this form before January 31, 2017 in order to be eligible for the money.
- Trump slanders CNN and USA intelligence
- Ice is on its way in the form of freezing rain
- Fear not in Klopp's book as high-flying United await
- Michael Owen states his prediction for Man United v Liverpool
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic rescues point for Man United vs. Liverpool
- Paul Pogba speaks out about his special connection with Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Andy Murray v Illya Marchenko, Australian Open 2017
- Sebi Streamlines Norms For Mergers Involving Listed Companies
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka has passed away, family reports
- Obama advises Trump in his last network interview