It was 14 degrees in Danbury and 23 degrees in Bridgeport at 6 a.m., according to the National Weather Service, while Greenwich and White Plains recorded a frosty 21 degrees. Melted snow and below freezing overnight temperatures have combined to make hills, side streets and highway ramps slick.
Flooding is expected to recede early this week, said Chris Hintz, meteorologist and forecaster for the National Weather Service in Sacramento.
Tuesday: Rain or freezing rain likely before 10am, then rain. Thursday - Sunny, with a high near 69. Wind chill values between 15 and 25. South, southwest wind 11 to 14 miles per hour becoming west in the afternoon.
Wednesday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 37. A light north wind will continue at 5 to 10 miles per hour.
Fire stations No. 1 and No. 3 - 250 Grape and 2201 S. 19th - received the most (0.24 and 0.28, respectively), while the rain gauges at the remaining stations averaged about 0.13 inches.
Monday: Mostly cloudy with highs in the mid 40s. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tuesday: A slight chance of rain after 4pm. Low around 37. Southeast wind 10 to 15 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
Saturday, mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Northwest wind 7 to 13 miles per hour. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 34. Tuesday Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 41.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
Saturday night.Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 47.
Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 54. Cloudy, with a low around 60.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Rory McIlroy withdraws from Abu Dhabi event with rib injury
- Istanbul police 'arrest' New Year nightclub shooter
- USC CB Adoree' Jackson entering 2017 NFL Draft
- Sonny Dykes reportedly joining TCU's staff in undetermined role
- Parents claim to find mold inside Sophie the Giraffe toy
- Buzzfeed Editor Smith Clashes With CNN's Stelter on Trump Dossier
- Elections to be held in Northern Ireland on 2 March
- Mr. Feeny returns for the series finale
- Moscow Hosts Trilateral Talks on Syria
- As Trump era looms, Beijing fortifies the South China Sea