Dawson is the son of Mark Hartwig, a member of the San Bernardino County Fire Department. He was found in 30 feet of water near the Yacht Club.
Dawson Hartwig, the son of San Bernardino County Fire Chief Mark Hartwig, was found by a sheriff's dive team at around 1:10 a.m.in Lake Arrowhead.
Dawson Hartwig, 20 went missing after going for a walk alone without any of his belongings on Friday evening. "The Sheriff's Dive Team sends our deepest condolences to the Hartwig family", Lt. Bryan Lane said Sunday on Twitter.
- SB District Attorney (@sbcountyda) January 29, 2017SBSD Dive Team: Glad we could help the family find their loved one. He did not take a cell phone with him, and officials said he was not adequately dressed for the sub-zero overnight temperatures.
Dawson was reported missing on Saturday at 10:44 a.m. after failing to return to his cabin.
A large search party formed, including more than 70 fire and law enforcement personnel, three K-9 units and numerous volunteers.
This story is developing.
- It Took Trump A Record 8 Days To Reach Majority Disapproval
- California lawyers sue President Trump to repeal immigration order
- Five Iraqis, one Yemeni barred from flight after Trump ban
- Iraq could join Iran in banning Americans from entering
- Kyle Shanahan: Pats' defense best Falcons have seen
- ACLU Says it Raised $10 Million Since Saturday
- Santa Cruz Tops Frampton in Exciting Sequel: Trilogy Anyone?
- Madison team wins Innovation Award in Hyperloop competition
- 'Man in the hat' terror suspect Abrini charged over Paris attacks
- Who's In The Crew? First Ocean's 8 Photo Unveiled