Users can track the various versions of Windows 10, and the last-served update for each, on Microsoft's website.
Important: Be forewarned that Insider builds are beta versions of Windows 10 and can be unstable.
Microsoft has set March 26 as the end date for support of the original Windows 10 edition. The offer will allow CSP subscribers to upgrade the operating system on devices now running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 without having to pay for separate upgrade licenses.
The core difference is that feature upgrades become available at a later time for devices in that servicing branch, giving customers more time to test the changes before deployment.
Previously, Computerworld predicted that Microsoft will pull the support plug of Windows 10 1511, the first follow-up to 1507, in September 2017. There will always be a 60 day grace period for any release that falls out of CBB.
Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Version 1607 Media, No Support for v1507 after March 26, 2017
With the availability of Windows 10, version 1607 to the VLSC on January 26th, the 60-day grace period for Windows 10, version 1507 will begin. You will only have a year or two before it can no longer be avoided.at most. even if you're a business.
Preview Build 15014 also includes Microsoft's eBook store, customizable accent colors and a new setting that allows Windows 10 to automatically delete temporary files and items that have been in the Recycle Bin for 30 days. Windows 10, version 1507 reaches end of support on March 26th, 2017.
If you want to take advantage of these early sneak peeks of upcoming Windows 10 builds, you can sign up for Microsoft's Windows Insider Program. Users may however upgrade to one of the two supported CBB releases, the November 2015 or the August 2016 versions of Windows 10 to continue receiving support. Microsoft could still use a service like Cache, but it will have to come from somewhere else.
Public downloads of the most recent Windows 10 ISO image are available on this page.
- President Trump To CIA: Media Is Dishonest, Crowds Were Large
- Kentucky's De'Aaron Fox ruled out with ankle injury
- Obama To Attend Trump's Inauguration, Won't Comment On Dem Boycott
- US Sens. Toomey and Warren place friendly wager on AFC Title Game
- NYPD officer set to testify about killing of unarmed teen
- Trump era begins: U.S. to withdraw from TPP agreement, renegotiate NAFTA deal
- Girl Scouts Defend Decision to Attend Donald Trump's Inauguration
- German carmakers warn hard Brexit 'tough and expensive'
- How Trump's Eldest Children Have Been Handling the WH Transition
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame